Translation: How does iTrex work?
Translation is the most popular of the language services we offer. It covers all kinds of work with texts: translation of paperwork, personal documents, advertising or artistic texts, even websites — translation is all this, and more.
Clients ordering a translation for the first time often ask us various questions, such as:
- Do you have the resources and experience to deliver high-quality specialised translations?
- Can you do large and complicated translation jobs quickly?
- How do you guarantee quality? I need it to be perfect. The project's success depends on it.
- What makes you better than other companies? I need to find a reliable contractor fast.
- Can you order a notarised translation?
- We need you to translate a brochure, create a new design and print 1,000 copies.
- Will you do it? How quickly?
Our regular clients know that:
We deliver professional translations of texts in the following areas:
- technical and IT
Each of these fields includes numerous narrower and more specific subfields.
However, there's no need to specify the field exactly when ordering a translation; just send us the text and we'll translate it.
Our translators have specialised in their fields for years. We do not use untested translators. Quality control is provided by editors with solid experience of translations. For some projects, the proofreading and editing are done by native speakers of the target language. If necessary, the project manager refers to consultants — qualified professionals in a particular field of knowledge.
We guarantee accuracy and consistency of terminology and style with Translation Memory databases. We maintain terminology databases for all fields of translation, as well as glossaries on general topics and the subject matter of our corporate clients.
Specialist translations are standard practice for us. For some translation agencies, large, specialist translation jobs mean it's panic stations and all hands to the pump. We work on more than 70 such projects every month.
Our regular clients know about our experience and standards. Accordingly, they feel confident in entrusting us with urgent orders, and we fulfil them successfully. For some companies, we provide «urgent» translations all the time. Mainly, these are news and advertising agencies. They turn to us again and again. This is the best testament to our quality.
We believe in our translators.
- Only professional translators who have passed our rigorous selection and testing process join our team.
- We evaluate all our translations using LISA (Localization Industry Standards Association) standards. Accordingly, we always know exactly how good each of our professionals is.
- Our project managers supervise the work closely. This enables us to maintain stable translation quality in each team of translators and editors.
- After delivering our projects, we ask our clients for feedback, which we regard as our most important assessment criterion. Jobs done well and client satisfaction are sure indicators of quality.
How much does a translation cost?
This is another frequently asked question. Naturally, every client worries how much they will have to pay for the translation.
Our managers always follow the rule that if the translation can be made cheaper without compromising quality, we'll offer the client the option.
If something doesn't need translating, we'll point that out.
After all, that's how to make our clients our friends.
A manager will determine the level of the translation based on your needs:
- Super. When quality is critical and the price of an error very high. Such translations usually involve branding materials and specialised documents requiring absolute compliance with industry regulations and standards.
For work in this category, we use only the best translators and editors with many years of relevant specialist experience. The translations are always done by native speakers of the target language.
- Business. Our most popular option, for business documents, legal documents and journalistic materials.
For this kind of work, we use professional translators, proofreaders and editors/literary editors.
We save our clients time and money with comprehensive turnkey services:
- We offer you the services of translators into English, German and other languages.
- For MS Word documents sent to us, the formatting and layout of the original will be fully preserved in the translation. This is a standard service; you won't have to pay extra for it.
- We provide comprehensive layout, formatting and design services for documents and materials.
- We have in-house facilities for digital and offset printing of however many copies (1 or more) you need.
- We can have documents notarised.
What languages do you work with?
Any you can think of. As well as translating into common languages such as English, German and Chinese, we also translate into rare and dead languages such as Coptic and Latin. In contrast to interpreters, translators always have the time to look in a dictionary and think how best to translate something. If the subject matter of the text is complicated, our translators often consult experts. Our translation agency sometimes gets orders for rare languages. We have even done a number of translations from Old Icelandic and Persian. Such work is, of course, very challenging, but it is also very interesting.
More on translation: